Radio/ Video Production
Some of the major programs directed by Sarathi for development organizations are
- 18 issue and theme based radio programs for Mahila Samakhya Karnataka. Orientation workshop was held for field activists and staff of Mahila Samakhya Karnataka on script writings for theme based radio plays/skits. The scripts were penned by the activists and each of the episodes was based on the success story or case study. It was a new initiative. Issues Dealt – Panchayath Raj, Devadasi system, health issues related to HIV/AIDS, Child Marriage, literacy, self reliance for rural women, training for elected women representatives. etc. All these issues were dealt with women perspective.
- 28 on legal awareness Radio Programs for Hengasara Hakkina Sangha Issues dealt —property Rights, Sexual harassment, Domestic, Violence, Communalism, Human Rights, Health, Dalits, Education, Girl Child, etc.
- 4 programs for Rotary Club
- 7 Recordings for All India Radio, IGNOU etc.
- 2 programs for E TV Kannada
- 8 Programs for Chandana – Doordarshan. Domestic violence, Dowry, Legal Rights are the themes recorded for community at large. Telecasted in Doordarshan’s Chandana.
As many as 300 docu-features in total on various issues and life style have been produced till date.
Seminar on Role of Media in Disaster Management
December 24th 2004 Tsunami struck the Indian Ocean and it was one of worst natural calamities in the recent times. The entire globe was shocked when millions of innocent people became the victims of the calamity. Relief measures from across globe flooded to the disaster sites. To understand the disaster management measures taken by the governing bodies, Sarathi took the initiative in organizing a one day seminar on disaster management. The different stakeholders like the NGOs, media; and bureaucrats who were actively involved in the various relief measures were invited to share their experiences. Seminar was organized with the support of CMR Management School.